Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Best date ever!

 "It has been such a long time since we went out together, just you and me."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what a couple generally do? Go out for dinner or a movie. I think it's called a date."

"What do you mean?"

"I give up. I did not realize you were this hopeless."

"oh come on! All I meant was that we have been going out almost every week. So I am a little surprised when you say that it's been a long time since we went out."

"Are you serious right now?"

"I am."

"You sure this is not your Ray Romano kind of moment where you come out with puerile comedy."

"What do you mean?"
"I mean - have you been daydreaming about us going out on a date or is it your way of saying that you have been going out with my spirit or something..."

"You honestly are telling me that you think we haven't gone out almost every week?"

"I am telling you that I honestly don't remember the last time we have gone out in years..."

"We went out a couple of days ago?"
"You call that going out?"
"We did go out of the house, so yes I do call it going out."

"Going to the store to buy groceries my dear does not constitute going out."

"It doesn't?"

"It doesn't"

"Why not?"

"Because we are going to get stuff that we need to live and that does not mean we are on a date."

"What does being on a date mean?"

"You know to have fun, talk to each other in peace, enjoy some music, some food..."

"We did all that and more!"

"What do you mean?"
"We talked so much during that time..."

"Talking about which flavor and size of tea leaves to get is not exactly having a conversation."

"Expounding on the virtues of Assam tea vs English Tea is a conversation for any day!"

""

"Speechless, aren't you?"
" I am"

"We had conversations about the fresh oranges, the raw papayas, the absence of milk..."

"Yes, the most intellectually stimulating conversation I ever had in my life..."

"Not to mention the lilting music we were dancing and singing to..."

"What do you mean?"
"You know the romantic songs that were playing in the store..."

""

"Speechless again I see..."

""
"Of course you are. We were both dancing to it, having so much fun. It was a song from our favorite movie..."

""

"And as if that is not enough then we follow it up with a meal too."

"You call grabbing a hasty snack because we are ravenously hungry but need to get back home and put away the groceries, a meal?"

"Well, you always like the food."

"It's good food no doubt but calling that a meal is a bit much."
"I think it's a lovely end to an awesome day..."

""

"Best date ever!"

""

"and we have done it practically every week and for every week for the foreseeable future!"

....



No comments:

Post a Comment