Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Don't change the topic!

She: I should have been either born a man or a dumb woman.

He: ???

She: Well, I have been struggling for the past hour trying to get our middle schooler to understand how to solve inequalities by graphing intersecting planes.

He: Are you sure that is not our high schooler?

She: Don't change the topic.

He: Well, I do have a hard time understanding how struggling with trigonometry wants you to be reborn?

She: It's Algebra...not trigonometry.

He: Don't change the topic!

She: I meant that if I were a man then I would also be cooly watching TV like you are and if I were a dumb woman I would not be trying to get these concepts into the head of a child who seems to have taken after the man of the family.

He: Well, that would have made you a smart woman, not a dumb one!

She: Are you saying I am dumb?

He: I never said that.

She: Well, you definitely seem to be implying it.

He: I am doing nothing of that sort. But I wonder if you are saying I am useless?

She: Yes

He: WHAT?

She: That's exactly what I am implying.

He: What do you mean by that?

She: Well, what do you do except put food on the table.

He: Well, that is like asking Oxygen, what else do you do other than supporting life?

She: To that, Oxygen can answer, I help with combustion; I protect the Earth from Sun's harmful rays; I mix with Hydrogen to form water...

He: Don't change the topic!

She: For once I don't mind changing the topic.

He: Well, I do!

She: Ok, so what do you want to say about the topic.

He: Well, it's not like I haven't tried to teach the kids. But you are so hoity-toity that you can't really have me teach them my way. You have to butt in and force your way of teaching down my throat.

She: That's not called 'my' way of teaching. That's called the right way of teaching.

He: What do you mean?

She: Well, to give you a small example:  a+b whole squared is not a-squared + b-squared.

He: Of course, it is not.

She: How come you were teaching it to our kindergartener last week?

He: I was coming to the 2ab part of it.

She: You were not!

He: I was too.

She: You stopped at a-squared + b-squared.

He: I merely paused

She: A pause does not take 5 minutes.

He: I had to take an important phone call.

She: by the end of which he had finished his problems with that formula.

He: You did not give me a chance to correct it. You jumped in and took over.

She: What else was I supposed to do? Wait for you to finish the call 30 minutes later.

He: I was going to be done in like 2 mins, but when I saw that Xena had taken over, I continued with the phone call.

She: If you were serious about teaching, you would not take a phone call in the midst of a formula.

He: It was my mother, I had to take it.

She: Of course!
He: Don't change the topic.

She: Don't worry! The topic is still - I want to be either born a man or a dumb woman in my next life. 





6 comments: